Monday 3 January 2011

Sept 07

Font and Scarpa meet Well who says that fontainbleau is not very good in the summer? I had a great time, we climbed every day,  went to water parks, sunbathed and chilled in the forest. What more can you want from a trip to Font in August!
We had great weather all week and the conditions were ok, as long as you climbed in the shade. We went to place's like Cuisiner, Isatis, Cuvier, Buthiers ( water Park! ), and Elephant. I managed a plenty of 7a's and a couple of 7b+'s and all the classics like Cul de chein and Arabesque.










We arrived back at East Midlands Airport at 11.30am last Saturday and I was super psyced to drive my new car up to northumberland to meet the rest of the Scarpa crew. I arrived at bowden at about 5pm and had a couple of hours at the crag. I was a bit guttered not see halk of the team as they had left in the morning or previous night, oh well I guess everybody is very busy these days.
I despatched Vienna and captain hadock and soloed a few high balls before we headed back to the campsite for the BBQ food, beer and Wine.
Sam Whittaker: Vienna (7b+)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPDoFsSnCKU
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=scarpateam Captain Hadock
 My New Car.....




On the sunday most people went home, some more hung over than others but I was keen for another day at the crag. A small team of us went to back bowden and climbed under the big roof as the weather was a bit grim but nonetheless it was great day out.
Thanks to all the scarpa crew for an excellent event.

No comments:

Post a Comment