Monday 3 January 2011

Oct 07

Albaracin... I have not bloged over the last two weeks as Lucinda and I have been on holiday in Spain. We spent a few days winding down and chilling out in the Murcia region. We then drove for about five hours north to Albaracin in Aragon. The bouldering in Albaracin is awesome, consisting of lots of different styles of climbing on good quality sandstone. We had excellent accomodation about 30 mins drive from the boulders including 3-4 course meals and Wine for only 12 Euros each. I climbed 6 out of 8 days because i was so psyched to be away. I flashed some 7b+ and did two 7C+'s. I fell the last move of the classic 8a at the penninsula sector and went back to dispatch on the last day and the top slopey mantel was soaking went!!! damn I'm all ready psyched to go back ASAP. We had such a good time and it was the first holiday together for ages. Check out my gallery for some more photos...








Conditions getting good... Its good to see that the weather is starting to get good and ive have been getting out. Last week I had a trip up to Ilkley to watch Lucinda despatch Deathwatch. I have allways been inspired to climb the New Statesman so I had a quick go on a rope to suss out the moves. The Climbing is outstanding, burly moves up the overhanging atrete. Had another brief go yesterday and feel confident in my sequence to give it a go the next time I go up... Lets Hope the conditions stay good this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment