Monday 3 January 2011

Apr 08

Training.. I have been making the most of the good weather by getting out as much as I can, training for my forthcoming trip to Morocco in may. There is team of eight of us heading to the Taghia gorge in the high Atlas Mountains. The climbing consists of multi pitch sport climbing with routes from 200 to 800 meters of quality limestone.
My training program has consisted of various trips to Raven Tor and a trip up to Malham, I have been getting fitter and feel like I can recover and still climb while I am pumped.


Last weekend Harry and I went up to Northumberland to DJ at the BMC AGM. The event was being held at the Blue Bell pub in Belford. The BMC have not had any music at these events for the last 5 years and Harry and I were called in to get the place rocking. After Grimer played a nice warm up set and then Harry and I went back to back for two hours. At one point we had at least 15 people dancing for about 1 hour until we cleared the room. After spinning a few more we headed down to the bar for night cap and the night was deemed a success.

On Sunday we headed to Kyloe in the woods, as Harry had never climbed hear before he was in for a real treat. We climbed all the classics and I managed the Yorkshire man again and Harry finally despatched Hitch Hikers after trying a duff sequence.
I have also had an article published on UKC about being a Climbing wall owner, check out the link below for more details..
Back at the Climbing Works Percy and I have been practicing our party tricks, the photo below see's Percy ripping a large yellow pages in half. It has been his long term project and today was the day it went down, it good to see him working hard on a friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment