Monday 3 January 2011

March 08


Three 8a's in a week... Well its been a crazy week and a bit.. It all started off last monday on St. Patricks day, Brian and I went into Sheffield town centre at 4pm and started drinking in the Guiness tent. The 1st round of pints went down a treat and then after reaching double figures we started dancing and then I vaguely remember getting home!

Tuesday was spent route setting all day with Harry 9 toes, we set a new purple circuit at the Works, graded font 6a+ to 7a+.
Then on Wednesday I headed to Burbage to check out some problem's I hadn't done. I flashed 'Boyager' and the went over to 'The Terrace' area as Harry wanted to despatch it. As Harry was working it I decided to go for the 8a link, this problem climbs The Terrace and then reachers right before the top into the crack, climb down the crack avoiding the ledge at the back, round the low corner to finish up the 7a+ roof. Great problem that leaves you very pumped!!
As i was on a bit of a roll on Saturday, Lucinda and I went to Gardoms for me to try Full Power. This was my second day on this problem and after lots of snow showers and battling I found myself latching the top of 'soft on the gee'. I felt like I was going to fall off but Lu was shouting at me not to let go!!

I had a welcomed rest on Sunday and then went to the Roaches on Monday to try 'Columns' another 7c+/8a on the Tetris boulder. After warming up slowly and dodging the snow showers again I unlocked an awesome sequence and found myself mantling the top to glory!! It felt hard but not quite as hard as full power, however I suppose the conditions were really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment