Monday 3 January 2011

Pushing on...

Pushing On... The last month has been great, I have not got loads to show for it but I have been very busy training and getting psyched for my 8c goal!! The weather crapped out a bit over the last 3 weeks but that has meant I went back to Malham slightly sooner than expected, I have despatched the Thumb at Kilnsey before north buttress got wet and I was getting close to Unjustifield before it got wet again! Oh well im off to spain for a month to clip some bolts and catch some sun. I have posted a photo taken by Adam Long of me on Minos at cheedale. 

 









































Sorry for the delay in blogging but there has been some technical difficulties with back end of the site.
I have been very busy over last few months and will try and take you through some of the high lights:
Over the festive period the weather in Sheffield was crazy, there was lots of snow for well over a month and getting out cragging was proving to be very difficult. Lucinda and I opted for snow sports, training and working hard at the Climbing Works. We had a great week snowboarding in the peak, especially a few very special days boarding down the back of Mam Tor, check out the following short video i made of our fun week in the peak, http://vimeo.com/8673444

Next up was a two week trip to font, we had some pretty bad weather but remained psyched and i managed 3 quality 7c's and Haute Tension 7c+ in 5 goes. Even though we only climbed about 5 or six days Lucinda and I had a quality break and watched many DVD's.
For the last month i have been trying to get out as much as i can weather permitting, the 1st good spell we had i was very lucky to be able to take advantage of the snow at stanage I managed a flash of Weather report and a quick ascent of Cementry waites, both superb routes and not too scary with the current snow/ball landings. That day I also managed a quick ascent of the classic sit start to help the young without the block F8a.


Next up i very happy with crushing a nice little problem at Burbage called striker F7c+ that i had got quite close to a week before the snow came. The weather had now become pretty stable and Lucinda crushed The Eastwood traverse F7c.
Cementary waites


Help young sit


I felt good and wanted to despatch some old nemesis from when i lived in leeds, so we headed to Caley for what turned out to be a great day, i did Ben's groove SS F7c+, Blockbuster 7b+, Secret seventh 7b+ check out video of Ben's groove, http://vimeo.com/9915863

Then last weekend i went up to the plantation to meet some family and the boulders were very busy except the business boulder, Ben's Extension had been another nemesis over the years and i came close to it about 4 years ago. I more or less warmed up on Jerrys trav and felt very good. I had one good go and fell off the crux of Jerry's due to cold fingers, 5 mins later i was topping out feeling very psyched.
Talk soon cheers Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment