Monday 3 January 2011

Nov 08

















Honeymoon.. Well its been long time since I last blogged but I have lots to tell you.  
On Sat 30th August Lucinda and I got married in the Peak District. The weather was amazing and we were very lucky that it didnt rain!! Lu and I had such a good day with all our friends and family in attendance on our special day. The following day we headed off Australia for our 5 week honeymoon for some sun and hard moves...
We arrived in Melbourne and spent 2 nights in a really nice swarve hotel down in ST Kilda, we had room service etc and pretty much didnt leave the hotel.
We then flew up to Sydney for a week with our friend Nick, we climbed in the Blue Mountains for a few days and enjoyed some amazing food and lots of Coopers beer.
Then we flew back to Melbourne and arrived to a fully loaded up silver Honda civic, ready for us to take to the Grampians. We had stoves, chairs, pads and extra climbing gear. We're in...
Our friend the Rubber Chicken ( pretty much our Oz bro ) fully styled us, we arrived at the Gramps with some friends of the RC and followed them to a small campground in the middle of the bush called Mosquito Creek. We Climbed at Muline for a week and I nearly flashed this amazing 8a called eye of the tiger. I despatched it next go and thought it was one of the best sport routes I had ever done!!! ( Photo's sould be up soon ).
We then headed up towards Taipan wall to stay at Stapelton campground, this place is so cool, lots of wallabys and stumpy blue tong lizards around. We climbed on Taipan and bouldered around the area with my highlight being a 8a+ despatch 3rd go.
Lu and I then headed back to Melbourne to pick up the Rubber chicken to spend the remaining time of our trip bouldering at his new area called the Tower. It was awesome. Fresh untouched sandstone boulders with all kinds of problems. From gritstyle highball slabs to steep Hueco style roofs, we all had a great time, lots of banter and a few nights getting lashed talking rubbish.
Thanks to everone in Oz for an amazing time and making us feel so welcome..
Been back on the grit since I got back and Headpointed a coulpe of Grit E7's to get my head back in gear...
Will post some photo's as soon as I get them..
Talk soon...















No comments:

Post a Comment